Friday, June 18, 2010

Scotland


I am feeling a little discouraged about blogging right now but I'm going to do it anyway because I want a record of our travels.

Edinburgh is incredibly beautiful. The architecture is amazing, I feel like I want to take pictures of everything, and at the same time it's so green. I would consider living here except that the constant on-the-verge-of-rain weather is giving me migraines. I think I am most suited to a climate where I can eat fresh mangoes, coconut and avocados :)

We made it here just in time to meet Prim yesterday for the photos and video. It was great to see a familiar face (and thanks a million, can't wait to see how they turn out)!
We stayed in a hotel again last night because we couldn't get online to find camping. This morning we trained in a park and then found a campground. There was supposed to be internet access here but it's being repaired at the moment.

So our plan has changed a bit. We are staying in the campground in Edinburgh for two nights and then heading to Sheffield for 3 days to stay with a friend that we met at Southern Lights. After that we are going back to Amsterdam and going to see about renting an apartment for a week or two then getting our new car and heading to La Boule, France for an aerial dance festival. We're planning to do two classes a day for week, flexibility and single point trapeze, on top of the usual acro and hooping (thanks for the info Zoey!). After that we are going to Berlin for a week or so and then to Hungary for more acro training with an instructor that we met at the Dutch Acro fest. Of course it could all change again but for now that's the plan.

I guess that's about all that's new for now.

Peace out,
Erin
PS. New fb pics here and video below.

No comments: